How To Remove Pages From Google in 12 Hours
At Orchid Box we have gained a lot of experience in understanding the methods used by Google, especially how it caches and indexes websites.
Sometimes clients’ website have urls they don\’t want to be exposed, searchable or even visible to the general public. Previously methods have relied on Google, submitting a URL removal request to Google and hope that they will action it within a 2 month time frame.
Fortunately you can now get your page removed from Google’s search results by following the instructions below:
In order to remove your page from the Google index you need to have the following access:
Google Webmaster tools
An account with a powerful PR site (such as prlog.org)
Step by step guide:
1. Remove or take down the page – As an SEO agency we would recommend you use a 301 redirect from the removed page url to your site’s home page.
2. Download your Robots.txt file and add this line: Disallow: /”[removed url]” where the content in square brackets is the url you have removed, less YOURSITE.com.
3. Upload the modified robot.txt file to your root directory.
4. In Webmaster Tools, head to “Site Configuration” > “Crawl Access”, click on “Remove URL” and then click on the new “Removal Request” button
5. Write a quick PR which will send the crawler to the page that you want removed, using your homepage URL as the anchor text i.e. <a href=”https://www.yoursite.com/pageyou want removed “>Your Site Name</a>
6. You might also want to place a link on the footer to the page to be removed, generally speeding up the process. You can use your site name as anchor text.
We have seen that Google downloads robots.txt file every hour and it checks removal requests every 2/3 hours.
We have been able to de-index pages from Google SERPs within 12 hours of initiating the above 5 action points.
Artificial Intelligence is changing Web analytics forever.
As the world of business becomes increasingly complex, finding solutions to problems in the office is becoming more crucial. Artificial intelligence (AI) technologies have stepped in to give us a helping hand, and are quickly transforming almost...read more
The Orchid Box Adwords Raspberry Pi Display Bot
The most important thing to bear in mind when conducting local keyword research is that one should never translate keywords, but ideas. It is best to do keyword research for local markets and then use the keywords in the translated content....read more
Inject Google Analytics Client ID to All Your Links
We have been playing with Google Analytics Client ID and found that not many agencies have been using it. The Client ID can be found in the GA cookie and Client ID is stored on the GA cookie of your website’s actual domain. Google Analytics stores...read more