How to write a Press Release for Google in 2022
Press Releases can drive organic traffic to your website, allowing your brand to reach the right persons. Creating and distributing press releases is an effective digital marketing strategy to convey a brand’s message and its online identity.
Many people are familiar with press releases, but they typically don’t recognize them as a marketing tool that benefits Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Follow these instructions, but don’t be afraid to experiment with different formats and styles, for example, you might find out that industry jargon is the best way to reach your target audience.
- Be aware of how different words in your headline will make it more or less appealing to readers.
- Keep your headline short and to the point to appease both search engine gods and potential readers.
- Keep your press release headline brief with well-known abbreviations, for example, use ABC Corp. instead of ABC Corporation.
- Keep your headlines as if you were speaking to a human rather than a machine, with the same attention to detail that humans are able to understand.
Your Opening Paragraph
- In your opening paragraph, include all of the necessary details. As quickly as possible, respond to all of the who, what, when, where, why and how questions.
- Begin your press release with a concise yet comprehensive summary of the message. The press release should be relevant and/or interesting to humans, who are essential for SEO.
- Remove any extraneous material that might distract from the value of your message.
- The first 65 words of your press release is all that will show up in Google search results, so be sure to include all relevant information in those words.
Your Main Content
- To stand out among the dozens of press releases that journalists read on a regular basis, make it relevant to their interests and as informative as possible.
- Avoid over-using keywords and avoiding overly complicated language.
- Make sure to proofread the grammar and details of your writing for a press release. A poorly written press release may not get picked up.
- Even small errors can reduce the effectiveness of your press release. If you include an error that meets listed criteria, it will be discarded by your audience. Before distributing your work, double and triple-check everything.
- Linking keywords and phrases to supporting websites not only helps your SEO, but it will also provide the link structure you need. However, overdoing hyperlinks may detract from your content.
- If you use your keywords repeatedly, then it becomes difficult for users to read and a search engine will think that the article is spam.
Don’t make your press release too long
- The ideal number of words in your press release is between 300 and 500, so you don’t waste time or paper by adding any more.
- Make sure to keep it short and sweet while still giving all the important information. Long paragraphs make your readers feel overwhelmed, so use paragraph spacing and bulleted lists to break it up.
- When you arrange a press release, don’t make it too hard for people to understand. If people have trouble understanding it, they won’t read it.
Embed a video and use images when possible
- With a high-quality photograph, people can better understand the information. Trends are more appealing to the eyes, so it can make your article more engaging and enjoyable.
- To encourage people to click-through and read the whole article, you should use photographs of your company’s product or service.
- You should utilize your photo or logo to make it more aesthetically pleasing to your readers. It will help customers connect with the product by increasing brand recognition.
Make The Last Paragraph Count
- The conclusion of your press release is the best time for you to summarize what was provided in the body of your release. You information needs to match up and doesn’t need any unnecessary repetition.
- Be specific. For example, give a history of the project or talk about what it might mean for the industry.
- Make it intriguing while keeping it short. Let’s finish on a positive note.
Include a clear call-to-action when possible
- Clear and concise instructions are important when releasing communication to the press. Consider ending your release with a direct call-to-action, such as “check out our new products” or “watch our video”. Don’t use more than one CTA if you’re press release is about a product launch.
- Sign up now to receive news about product updates or Request a Demo (Supplies are Limited)
- Your call to action should include an action word that encourages your readers to take the next sentence. Use words like “today” or “limited supply” to generate a sense of urgency.
- Determine the action you want your readers to take, and create a CTA to encourage them to take it.
We can help
Our team of remarkable press release writers will draft the perfect release to get your news across in a professional and compelling manner. We partly distribute via some premium industry news channels and then manually target journalists and media outlets for review. Get in touch to know more.